Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tapas!

In downtown Sono (that's South Norwalk for you normal folk) you will find a delicious and fun restaurant.  It's a tapas place known as Barcelona.

I've always been rather intrigued by the concept of tapas, especially after reading about it in Frances Mayes' "A Year in the World."  So I was very excited when my parents came to visit and we all went out to Barcelona for tapas.  And it was amazing, truly.  The music was pounding, the food kept on coming, and the service was great.  I have never gotten so full off of what was essentially like snack food.

Even if you never go to Barcelona (the store), you need to find a tapas place to try.  Better yet, go to Europe and take a whirl in the tapas culture!
I didn't take this.  Nope.

2 comments:

LP said...

I'd never been that impressed with the tapas idea, having seen it on a couple of different travel shows, although I'm not averse to making a meal of hors d'oeuvres. But the Barcelona experience has converted me.

leslie said...

I like the part about how your wonderful inlaws took you and your parents to the Tapas bar and filled your gullets to full stuffed with tasty morsels of deliciousness until no one could even eat one more tiny tapas sized bite....and then the meat came....evoicee I like that part alot...:)